Various MiNT questions

1.  Is there a version of sz and rz compiled for Mint?  I have been using xyz,
but it only wants to run in the forground.  I would rather have versions of sz
& rz which I can run in the background.  I do not use GEM when I using MiNT,
so no suggestions for GEM based software.  If not, then I guess I will grab
the Unix source and try to get that to work.

2.  Sometimes when I log out (using the st52 term) the cursor disappears.  I
need to run "jove" or some program  which plays with display.  I notice this
behavior with Init.  Maybe the new version fixes this, or is the problem due
to the screen driver?  Will there ever be a vt100 term driver for MiNT?

3.  Has anyone gotten tcsh to use the DOS file structure, but not use the
lame tcsh.csh files?  I would rather it use .cshrc, .login, .logout, and all
that jazz AND be able to use the DOS filestructures.  Since root is the only
user who can access non-minix partitions, then that right there limits who
can have these resource files on TOS partitions.  If we are assumed smart
enough to compile MiNT by ourselves and use MiNT-Net and get it running by
ourselves, then surely we can make sure our .cshrc files do not sit on TOS
partitions.

4.  Has anyone written a clear program to clear the screen.  An easy way would
be to print the clear character to the screen, but to make it work for any
term driver I guess it would require curses.

5.  What exactly is sharable code?  I thought it ment that one copy of a
program would be in memory instead of multiple copies.  That way, if all my
users have tcsh as their shell, then only one copy is in memory.  However, I
have noticed with tcsh that multiple copies run, and I quickly exaust memory.
I see this after I log in and type "PS" and see one tcsh running.  Then I
rlogin or telnet to my machine again and type "PS" and now I see two tcsh, one
for each login and each taking about 300k of memory.

6.  Speaking of ps, is there a version similar to unix which will tell you
only your processes by default and all processes via command line options?
Is there one that shows the owner of the process, instead of just a list?

                                Troy Carpenter
                            Bell-Northern Research
                               Atlanta, Georgia
                                 troyc@bnr.ca

"You're so open minded that your brain leaked out" - Steve Taylor

*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The best thing in life costs exactly that <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<*