Why is MH-MiNT so slooooow?

Hello everybody,
I am currently trying out MH-MiNT 1.12h2, and it seems to me that my ST is
much slower than with "pure" MiNT 1.12.  The desktop windows take about twice
as long to update.  I'm using HSMODEM, NVDI3.0, vconsd and a homebrew
accessory that combines NOHOG, ALERT and some other stuff.
Does anybody have an idea why MH-MiNT slows down my system?  (I assume that
it's not a general problem.)

Bye,
        Jens.
--