perl5 port?

Has anyone finished a perl5 port to MiNT yet?  I was trying it last
weekend (I've got a perl script for troff2html that won't work under the
perl4 port I got from <ftp site forgotten>), and the configure script
takes *hours* to run on my ST, before keeling over due to large:

cat <<FOOBAR
many lines here
FOOBAR

constructs in some of the skeleton files.

It's much faster to download a working version than to run the configure
scripts again after fixing the here-document problems.

--
 |||  Jaguar 64-bit                    cherborth@semprini.waterloo-rdp.on.ca
/ | \ DO THE MATH                                             Chris Herborth
Backwards-compatibility is crippling the computer industry in the 90's.