Re: Newbie needs help with configure script

In <9502240942.AA12807@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de>, you write:
>Yves Pelletier <ypelletier@cmc.aes.doe.ca> writes:
>
>|> $ sh configure
>|> configure: source not found in {empty space}
>
>What shell do you use?  I'd recommend bash, which is available in
>ftp.germany.eu.net:/pub/comp/atari-st/mint/utils/bash1141.zoo.  I
>haven't yet any major problems running configure scripts with it.  But
>you also need the standard utilities like sed and cat.

Which reminds me...  Can anyone suggest a site for a recent 'cmp'?  I
can't even remember if that's part of the GNU text utils or not (or diff
utils?).

sed also crashes with a bus error a _lot_ during confgure scripts,
always when it's done; does this sound like not enough stack?

I was amazed to get all the way through the IJG's jpeg configure (cjpeg,
djpeg and libjpeg) yesterday, though it halted near the end where
there's a 'cmp' call.

--
 |||  Jaguar 64-bit                    cherborth@semprini.waterloo-rdp.on.ca
/ | \ DO THE MATH                                             Chris Herborth
Backwards-compatibility is crippling the computer industry in the 90's.