Re: Making MiNTOS the underlying Atari Operating System

Peter Ross wrote:
> PSS:  Remember, the Atari computers (starting with the TT with MiNT and
> MultiTOS on the hard drive out of the box) are the only computers       who's
> native operating system can be upgraded to X-Windows.

Hmmm, not sure if this is entirely true. I can buy professional X
servers and client libraries for just about any major platform these
days. For example, I'm sometimes working with an X server which runs on
a PC. In order to do that, you don't have to install a new operating
system; standard out-of-the-box Windows is enough.

> The beauty of it is
> that Atari had nothing to do with MiNT-X or the later versions of MiNT.  It
> was     totally from the hands and minds of users like me and you.  Hackers!

The same is true for MagiC.

  Claus Brod, MDD, HP              Have you hugged your manager today?
--http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/3366 ---#include <disclaimer>--
   Explicit permission required for distribution in Microsoft Network.