Re: Question about mintnet.

  hm yes :) cool thanks for the tips about kmem and vmunix, I hope that
  will do teh trick. But see the prob I have with the NON tcp support
  (as in the mintnet docs says, NO tcp finished :() Is that:
  1) where and what is /proc/net/tcp ??
  will /proc/sld do the trick? don't think so.

  2) half of the tcp includes are just not there, example:
  ip_var.h tcp_timer.h tcp_var.h and all the rest that are not there,
  because again if I understand the mintnet docs, it is not implemented.

  Please, correct me if I am wrong. (I wish I was)

TCP *is* implemented. Everything on the web is built on top of TCP;
without it we would have nothing to talk about (or with!). Your doc
must be very old.

re: /dev/kmem, /vmunix - these are VERY VERY Unix specific features. What
are you working on that wants to muck through them? Very likely the things
that are wanted don't exist on MiNT, or if they do exist, you can get them
using a system call instead of mucking through kernel memory.

The /proc/net/tcp reference sounds like a System V variant - again, there
is no corresponding feature in MiNT. You'll have to identify what the
actual information they're worrying about is, and find the MiNT method of
obtaining it.

The tcp includes that you mention are also very very Unix-specific. ip_var
documents internal kernel variables for the IP driver. tcp_timer and tcp_var
are internal structures for the TCP driver *in a Unix kernel*. Even though
these files occasionally wind up included in user code, 90% of their
content does not apply to user-level, it's all structures that can only
be accessed by kernel level code. Once again - you won't be able to just
substitute some other header files here, you have to figure out what they're
trying to do and rewrite it. (But just as a quick reference, I *do* have
ip_var.h in my netinet/include directory. The datestamp is from 1994, so
if you're missing it, you must have really old stuff...)

There's a good chance that these files aren't really important to what you're
compiling. MiNTnet is modeled after BSD, and using actual BSD header files may
be close enough to get you through.
  -- Howard