Re: Question about mintnet identd.

Well, I think I have browsed all the sources I could think of for
identd, and none of them, really are really portable up to mint.
Now thinking that I HAVE to study all the code and look through the
hardware or mint kernal source to redirect all the calls that DO not
exist in mint, well, I am kinda disapointed, I thought C was a
portable language, and more over within a unix like environment.

And please don't tell me that it is 100% my fault, NOR that morons
can't port or compile, because I could tell you that porting and
compiling maintaining bsdi is much easier. My grandma could do it
basically, I don't want to write NEW software, nor having the need to
look through the hardware register to just port a 6kb C file.

Maybe mint is way to far from the other unix os? well what about vms
or qnx? are they closer? ;)

Well anyway, btw I compiled (at least the libident ok, but not
really useful so far for just a server). If anyone has a identd or
authd for mint, would be much appreciated.
I have spent the last few 4 days trying to, the closest I came was
pident (you can find on funet), with linux as target, Of course, a lot
of modifications, but still can't run 100% well, it will report
USER_UNKNOWN, of course that doesn't surprise me as I tried to
exchange /dev/net/tcp into sld, socket, etc none of them worked,
(kinda predictable though).

The best way to see if you have ident server up and running fine, just
telnet at 130.236.254.1 on port 114
This server has been made for test purposes only.

Well.. don't know what to say really .. thanks.

Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/