Re: MiNT vector unlinking (was: STiNG, C

 >The cookie jar has nothing to do with unlinking vectors. MiNT
 >allocates space for the cookie-jar in global memory, and copies all
 >cookies except RSVF to the new location. This is what the source says:
 >
 >"but don't copy RSVF, MiNTs /dev is for real..."
 >
 >Why is this done? Just curious.

Indeed??? Can we patch MiNT back to copy EVERY cookie, please?

 >> continue his work (then maybe even convince Harun Scheutzow to
 >> release HS-Modem so we can finally have HSM modules as XDD)? ;-)
 >
 >Harun Scheutzow has an aversion to MiNT, so I wouldn't get my hopes
 >up...

As I remember from personal mail with Jerry, Harun doesn't hate
MiNT; he simply didn't like the idea of renaming /dev/modemX to
/dev/ttyX as per Unix convention. That's why I'm saying that it
might be feasable, for someone with good diplomacy, to convince
Harun to release his sources.

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 12/48 NVDI 4.11r0, MiNT 1.14.5, N.AES 1.1.0, GlueSTiK
 Unsollicited material will be proof-read for $100 USD per word,
 payable within 10 days.  Submission of your advertisement to my
 address constitutes your formal acceptance of these terms.
 <TITLE><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></TITLE>