Re: MiNT bug

On Fri, Mar 27, 1998 at 11:41:10PM -0500, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
>  Notice in my first post that I *do* ask wether MiNT itself or
>the shell is the one supposed to support this. Also, while TCSH
>has an extensive (maybe even excessive?) MAN page, BASH doesn't
>provide much in term of docs or shell feature, if the manual is
>any indication.

Say *whaaaaat*??!!  For as long as I can remember, bash has had an
extremely long man page, and it also comes with a lot of supplementary
documents detailing its features.

>  As I read further in this Unix book, I see that $LOGTTY or $TTY
>provide the same result: the device name on which we're loged in.

Martin-Eric, I have to question the authority of the UNIX books
you're consulting.  :^)  They seem to have caused you a lot of
confusion on UNIX concepts.

--
			--Michael

Michael Hill   <><  Isaiah 9:6 | "Emacs is for people who desperately want to
Michael_Hill@csgsystems.com    |  get drunk, but feel guilty doing so without
Aerospace/Software Engineer    |  a reason."
CSG Systems, Inc.              |                                 --Miles O'Neal
http://www.qadas.com/~msh      |
---In a marketplace (like the one of ideas), not everything has equal value!---
Did you ever notice that everybody in favor of abortion has already been born?!