Re: STiNG, CAB, and Multitasking (strike

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> The only reason ASH finds 80% of their market is Germany is because
> they never fucking bother translating their own shit to the 5 other
> AES languages.  When someone ONLY makes a German version, then 300%

It is probably true that this is the original reason, but it's in no way
relevant for the ongoing discussion.

BTW.:

a) ASH has such a big position in the Atari market due to the lack of
competitors. So tell me why there are not any canadian Atari software
vendors ? Only if you can find a good reason, you may complain about
a german vendor having the largest share.

b) on other fields but Atari pretty often US based vendors have the
dominant position, and refuse to translate their software to german.
And, believe it or not, there are lots of people in Germany who cannot
understand more than a handful of english words.

> of their market will be German;  even a fool would figure that out,
> though it apparently escapes Mr.Buchmann and Mr.Behne's logic...

For them, it's simply not worth the effort.

> (sorry if I offended someone by the coarse language, but assholes
>  without vision, like ASH, are downright infuriating)

I should say here that I'm not a friend of ASH either, ATM I'm fighting
their arrogance to attempt to establish a one-line-per-paragraph format
("endless" lines) on Usenet and e-mail (the "ASH-Emailer").

Cheers  Peter

   Peter Rottengatter       perot@pallas.amp.uni-hannover.de
                            http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~perot