Re: Unlinking vectors

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
>
> > Actually, I know *one* case when MiNT is unlinking all installed vectors
> > arbitrarily. Namely, this is the case when MiNT quits. And this case
> > applies only to TSR programs installed *after* MiNT. In other words,
> > when MiNT quits, it restores the state of vectors from the time before it
> > was loaded.
>
> Which makes sense, as programs/TSR installed after MiNT won't exist
> anymore when MiNT exits and their handlers will be pointing to possibly
> wrong adresses. I what other circumstances does MiNT unlink vectors?

What about TSRs in contrast to normal programs that are started after MiNT ?
Are they wiped too if MiNT exits ? If yes, then I agree, this makes sense.
So far I thought MiNT would wipe only those that haven't done Ptermres().

Cheers  Peter

   Peter Rottengatter       perot@pallas.amp.uni-hannover.de
                            http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~perot