Re: Unlinking vectors

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Peter Rottengatter wrote:

> > Which makes sense, as programs/TSR installed after MiNT won't exist
> > anymore when MiNT exits and their handlers will be pointing to possibly
> > wrong adresses. I what other circumstances does MiNT unlink vectors?
>
> What about TSRs in contrast to normal programs that are started after MiNT ?
> Are they wiped too if MiNT exits ? If yes, then I agree, this makes sense.
> So far I thought MiNT would wipe only those that haven't done Ptermres().

IIRC it does destroy them, but I can't be 100% sure about this without
checking it. It makes sense anyway, as there's no way for MiNT to check
which handlers belongs to TSRs and programs, atleast not with the currect
XBRA-protocol (correct me if I'm wrong here). So if you want to exit MiNT
successfully you'd have to restore the vectors to their original states.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
**
**   beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
*/