Re: X11

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Jan Krupka wrote:

> > > Can you explain me how to configure X11 to run in some higher resolution
> > > than they are originally installed (ST high) by KGMD?
> >
> > Sure! Just boot TOS in the desired (mono!) resolution and start MiNT
> > from the desktop... This is AFAIK the only way to get it to work on
> > anything else than the bootup-resolution.
>
> :-O this really works! But I can't believe that this is the one and only
> way how to do it.

I do it anohter way. I happen to use a boot selector called "X-Boot" and
that one does a resolution change before showing it's menu. And IF I load
my screendriver (in my case BlowUP for Falcon) before X-Boot, it will
change to that resolution. And tadaa.. I boot mintos the usual way and
still get 1024*768 in X.

      - anders eriksson - ae@wombat.ludvika.se - dead hackers society -