Re: more question about porting/gcc

> This thread started about mshrink'ing in time.  Did your starting
> processes have their fastload bit set?  If not, and you have a lot of
> memory, you might as well go and make yourself a cup of tea.  I ran
> into this problem when I got outside and tried running it with mint
> 1.08 (I think). My hard disk thrashed until my whole swap partition
> had been zero'd (well a large portion of it anyway).  Admittedly this
> is a lot slower than memory but I did realise pdq that I had to set
> my "bits" appropriately.

We can perhaps force fastload for all programs (means: another keyword
for MINT.CNF, say FASTLOAD=YES|NO, set to NO by default, which would mean
that the flag from the program header would be used). Or force fastload
always when the virtual memory is active.

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail:draco@bl.pg.gda.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/

** Quem Iuppiter vult perdere, dementat prius.
** Kogo Jowisz chce zgubic, temu wpierw rozum odbiera.