Re: What's in a MiNT? 8^>

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> When it gets that far, the original intents of Eric Smith no longer
> matter, as it becomes obvious people want MiNT to function as a BSD
> with GEM running on top of the kernel.

That, IMO, is a good idea ;-) Although I see no real magic in BSD itself.
BSD is cool because of the free attitude, but some of the solutions aren't
terribly nice (even sockets.. compare them to the XPG streams - much
cleaner and network-independent). The most important would be to attempt
to comply to some standards so that most normal software can be easily
ported frmo/to MiNT - after that worry about specific BSD and/or SV stuff.

         |    /     Kristoffer Lawson      |    www.fishpool.com
         +-> |    setok@fishpool.com       |  - - --+
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - /         |