Re: VFAT kernel considerations

 >>Also, the kernel should read "/etc/fstab" and reject requests to
 >>make any Minix partition as VFAT-writable, printing this message:
 >>
 >>          Warning:  partition D: assigned to Minix filesystem !!!
 >
 >Many people might not have any /etc/files, Vfat or the kernal
 >shouldn't force you to use a /etc file.

Of course, nobody forces you to use MiNT if it looks too hard...

Then again, we might as well teach people to install the common
filesystem hierarchy and use it properly, from day one.

However, it doesn't necessarily imply anyone should immediately
require EVERY mint port in the book or the full KGMD enchilada,
but even the most basic unix tool is designed to live within an
assortment of /etc /usr/bin /usr/etc /usr/share for its package
to function properly, so...

.. the choice seems like an obvious one to me.

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
 Unsollicited material will be proof-read for $100 USD per word,
 payable within 10 days.  Submission of your advertisement to my
 address constitutes your formal acceptance of these terms.
 <TITLE><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></TITLE>