RE: GEMDOS from VBL

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998 19:18:50 +0100, Petr Stehlik wrote:

PS>KK>Notice the memory fragmentation may go away sooner than anybody thinks.
PS>
PS>:-) I am very interested if and when it happens. The situation on
PS>machines with FastRAM and 040 CPU is complicated than you think.

Actually I wanted to say "machines with FastRAM that Atari didn't think
of and any CPU", such as MagnumRAM, FX-RAM, Eagle (is it the name of 030
accelerator for Falcon?) and AfterBurner040.

PS>How hard would be to let MiNT start as the first program in AUTO folder?
PS>We would have to adapt some device drivers and HSMODEM - what else?

This question is very important, because otherwise the new memory
management of MiNT will work on non-FastRAM machines only :-/

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer
   WWW: http://cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz/~stehlik/              MiNTOS/Linux user