Re: GEMDOS from VBL

On Sat, Jun 20, 1998 at 04:46:11PM +0100, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> PS>How hard would be to let MiNT start as the first program in AUTO folder?
> PS>We would have to adapt some device drivers and HSMODEM - what else?
>
> This question is very important, because otherwise the new memory
> management of MiNT will work on non-FastRAM machines only :-/

Um - why should this make a difference?

Are you talking about systems where alternate RAM is installed using an
auto-folder program (like MagnumST/Magnum F030)?

I can think about some other cases where the PMMU is already initialized and
in use even before the auto folder is executed. The MiNT memory management
code will have to cope with that, as well as with different pagesizes - or
it will have to re-initialize the PMMU, while retaining the old mappings,
which might be difficult.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen