RE: GEMDOS from VBL

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:05:04 +0200 (CEST), Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

KK>> Besides, the GEMDOS method of getting sum of free RAM takes ages - about
KK>> 10 miliseconds on 16 MHz Falcon, so it would be more than 20 ms on a ST.
KK>> This is too long. Having the memory list I would be able to go through
KK>> and sum it within several microseconds.
KK>
KK>Notice the memory fragmentation may go away sooner than anybody thinks.

:-) I am very interested if and when it happens. The situation on
machines with FastRAM and 040 CPU is complicated than you think.

How hard would be to let MiNT start as the first program in AUTO folder?
We would have to adapt some device drivers and HSMODEM - what else?

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer
   WWW: http://cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz/~stehlik/              MiNTOS/Linux user