Re: FreeAES

q-funk@megacom.net (Martin-Eric Racine) writes:
>  >I don't recall if there were any strange licensing restrictions on oAESis,
>  >but at least the work on XaAES can be continued by anyone.

There shouldn't be any strange licensing restrictions on oAESis, at
least I never intended to have those. I will put a GPL in the
package.

As you might know Tomas Berndtsson works on something called oVDIsis,
which is VDI under linux. The goal is to run well behaved GEM programs
under linux m68k with the help of oAESis, oTOSis and oFBis. He has
told me he has gotten quite far, so I will start cleaning up the
sources to make oAESis run under linux. It will still be compilable
and runnable under MiNT too. We have a cvs repository set up at
junk.nocrew.org, but I'm not sure if there is anonymous access to it
yet.

The www pages for oAESis have moved to http://oaesis.nocrew.org but
are yet to be updated, so they are completely out of date. They will
be updated sometime during the next few weeks.

There are two mailing lists for the project too: nocrew-oaesis and
nocrew-osis. Due to a disk crash the old distribution lists were lost,
so if you want to discuss a free AES or the development of OSIS
(o{AES,FB,VDI,TOS}is) you're welcome to join. For nocrew-oaesis send a
mail to nocrew-oaesis-request@nocrew.org with the subject subscribe.
For nocrew-osis send a mail to nocrew-osis-request@nocrew.org with
the subject subscribe.

Best regards, Christer