Re: FreeAES

 >I don't recall if there were any strange licensing restrictions on oAESis,
 >but at least the work on XaAES can be continued by anyone.

How about combining efforts and calling it FreeAES ?

Generally, I like XaAES's idea of a loadable GUI, à la X, which is
definitely welcome within a multi-user MiNTOS environment.

However, I'm told oAESis looks generally nicer than XaAES, despite
its current bugs.

 >> > Question:  How far off is oAESis or XaAES from the capabilities of NAES?

Which nobody has answered yet... Stating preferences for either ones
still doesn't tell how good these are...

 >>I for one is not very happy with its Win95-look.

XaAES and Win95 both derivate from X (window gadgets, etc.), AFAIR.
However, if these GUI are RSC-based, this can be easily customized.

 Martin-Eric Racine           The Atari TT030 Homepage with FAQ
 FUNKYWARE CREATIONS inc.     http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/