Re: FreeAES

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

>  >> > Question:  How far off is oAESis or XaAES from the capabilities of NAES?
>
> Which nobody has answered yet... Stating preferences for either ones
> still doesn't tell how good these are...

Like I said, I couldn't even get XaAES to start on my Falcon, which IMHO
says it all... oAESis is much closer to being usable than the version of
XaAES that I managed to run on my Falcon.

>  >>I for one is not very happy with its Win95-look.
>
> XaAES and Win95 both derivate from X (window gadgets, etc.), AFAIR.
> However, if these GUI are RSC-based, this can be easily customized.

XaAES' cool/ugly/weird (whatever you like) windows and gadgets are
hardcoded, but AFAIK there was some sort of interface so you could make
your own objc_draw(). This could very easily be implemented in oAESis as
well, for all I know it already is.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
**
**   beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
*/