DOS partition

Hi,

SCSI disk 730 MB used for transferring files between Hades60 and PC
(with CD-Writer). Previously the man used BigDOS for accessing the 730
meg partition under TOS but he needed to preserve LFN, so I suggested to
use latest MiNT 1.15 with NEWFAT and VFAT _and_ partition the drive in
TOS&DOS compatible mode (HDDRIVER's 7.x feature).

Surprisingly the man reported he could not access the full 730 megs
under MiNT. There was a 512 meg limit (probably a TOS limit of partition
size?). I could not belive him, I was sure NEWFAT killed TOS limitation.

Anyway, at last he used BigDOS together with MiNT (!) and succesfully
transferred all files with LFN.

I wanted to ask you - I thought NEWFAT was just like BigDOS in that it
removed all limitations of GEMDOS. Or perhaps there are still some
limits in BIOS?

Another question: I heard one would need latest HDDRIVER 7.6 to be able
to read FAT32 compatible medias. Does it mean the TOS&DOS partition
format is not needed anymore under MiNT and we can freely use DOS
partitioned medias? Or perhaps HDDRIVER 7.6 features FAT32 TOS&DOS mode,
I don't know.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer