Re: [MiNT] Re: fatal error handling

On Mon, Dec 07, 1998 at 07:40:41PM +0100, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> > I don't use Xboot myself, but definitely oppose to being forced
> > to use NEWFAT on my boot partition.  I use TOSFS on my drive C.
>
> Could I know why? I.e. why do you consider slow, old and limited TOSFS
> better than NEWFAT?

IMHO people shouldn't be forced to get rid of their slow, old and
limited TOSFS as long as NEWFAT has not turned out to be a
bomb-proof enhancement.  I see the advantages of migrating to
NEWFAT but booting is too delicate a subject to mess around with.
Remember MiNT's welcome message: "This software comes with
absolutely no warranty...".

Ciao

Guido
--