Re: [MiNT] Re: fatal error handling

> > > I don't use Xboot myself, but definitely oppose to being forced
> > > to use NEWFAT on my boot partition.  I use TOSFS on my drive C.
> >
> > Could I know why? I.e. why do you consider slow, old and limited TOSFS
> > better than NEWFAT?
>
> IMHO people shouldn't be forced to get rid of their slow, old and
> limited TOSFS as long as NEWFAT has not turned out to be a
> bomb-proof enhancement.  I see the advantages of migrating to
> NEWFAT but booting is too delicate a subject to mess around with.
> Remember MiNT's welcome message: "This software comes with
> absolutely no warranty...".

Well, yes, but keeping TOSFS makes actually more problems that advantages.
NEWFAT is quite stable. MiNT without TOSFS works fine. TOSFS makes
reentrancy problems. TOSFS isn't developed anymore. TOSFS has bugs that
will never be fixed.

Of course, TOSFS (as the whole TOS) came with a warranty. But reality is
that MiNT is actually more "warranted" than TOS.

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |
|http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.