Re: [MiNT] Re: fatal error handling

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998 18:07:35 +0100 (MET), Johan Klockars wrote:

JK>> > It's very easy to write a program that would be the first (or actually
JK>> > alone) in the AUTO folder and will execute other programs (their names
JK>
JK>I have no idea where I got the program but, as Petr says, it really is a
JK>very simple thing to write.

I personally was not using such program because I knew there were some
problems when starting programs instead of TOS. You need execute from
AUTO folder but at the same time programs expect the CWD is bootdrive:\
Some (dirty) programs go back to parent process and check if it's TOS
who starts them... Also there's the question of memory fragmentation and
memory footprint in general (not now when I have more than 50 MB of RAM,
but I remember clearly when I had just about 380 kB of free RAM and I
had to count every byte).

But when I think about it now I feel it would be great to standardize
such program on Atari (or in MiNT) and use it in the next MiNT
distribution - it would save many headaches of less experienced people.

Sometimes it's really a black magic to get working programs like NVDI,
LIBERTY, WDIALOG, NOVA and LETEMFLY together. It would be useful to
simply distribute well tested scripts of most used AUTO programs in the
correct order :-)

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer