RE: [MiNT] DATE/TIME cookies

But mirroring becomes an expensive task when the kernel starts using a
different internal time format. This is why we want to put that as standard
feature into the kernel.

> accessible memory as well. What's wrong with that? Cookies can't contain
> pointers to globally accessible memory but 0x5a0 can? And what about OLGA
> protocol recently mentioned here? It does contain pointers as well.

Yes, and I don't think that we like that. Just because the same mistake has
been made elsewhere doesn't mean that it's a good idea to make it again.

If you're application absolutely needs these cookies, and you don't want to
change it, you can still write a utility which creates the cookies, forks,
and updates the contents of the cookies once a second.

> I don't get it. Perhaps because I never seen the memory protection working
> in MiNT. Please enlighten me, thanks.

Regards, Julian