RE: [MiNT] DATE/TIME cookies

This is correct. But hopefully you agree that one should not introduce
services into the kernel which will BECOME costly once an already planned
change has been made?

> > how do you access the screen from within the interrupt?
>
> it seems you're trying to convince me the whole corner clock TSR is a BAD
> IDEA ;-)

Correct.

> OK, so here's the ultimate answer: I do access the screen by
> 'move.b (a0)+,
> (a1)+'. Surprised? :-)
>
> BTW, if this thread is going to be even more about Clocky's internals I
> suggest to move off the MiNT list, to either private mails or to a Clocky
> mailing list I would try to get created ;-)

OK, let me summarize: your clock TSR accesses the screen in a dirty way,
because it runs from the interrupt. It also likes to retrieve the system way
by a new (for MiNT) method, because it runs from within an interrupt. Why
don't you just fix your program instead of trying to get new features into
the kernel?

Regards, Julian