Re: [MiNT] using MIDI with pppd

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:31:48 +0200 (EET), Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> You're contradicting yourself here......

Nope, please read more carefully...

> 1) you say that it works fine
> 2) then you admit you haven't tried the MIDI port (they're unavailable)

What I say is that pppd passes the initialisation-phase without any problems.
Chat starts, but naturally hangs since the GM-card at the other end doesn't
understand what's going on. But by then pppd has already passed the phase
you have problems with.

> Anyways, that is _precisely_ where it happens:  PPPD tries to initialize
> the port and finds out it doesn't know about this queer 31250 baud speed,
> so it aborts....

Do you use HS-Modem's MIDI-driver? I don't, there might be a problem there.

/*
**
*/