Re: [MiNT] Black crashes

Hi!

On Fri, Feb 05, 1999 at 07:26:02PM +0100, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> Only "one and only" p_cookie (which, as I think you said, is not reset
> by TOS) would be the reason.

It's only necessary to install a reset routine to clear p_cookie if
there was no cookie jar at all, i.e. if p_cookie was NULL. In all other
cases, either TOS has installed the jar (then it's a version fully
supporting the jar, which includes recreating it on reset), or another
program has already done so, which then is responsible to clear it.

So, if clearing p_cookie is really the only reason for a reset routine,
I think installing it in ST-RAM is the way to go. MiNT has routines to
flush the CPU caches, anyway, so I don't think it's too much hazzle to
copy the actual routine to ST-RAM, flush the instruction cache, and
install the reset vector.

Ciao

Thomas

--