Re: [MiNT] COPYMINT

Guido Flohr <gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de> writes:

> I have a large set of files that replace/enhance MiNTLib functions which
> I would like to contribute to the MiNTLib.  My problem is that I really
> can't identify myself with the MiNTLib's copying policy.  I'm actually
> a supporter of the GNU General Public License (GPL) but it would be
> unfair if I put my contributios under the GPL.  Among the routines I
> plan to modify are really vital ones and putting them under the GPL would
> mean that many commercial users could not use these routines any longer.

Maybe you'd want to take a look at LGPL (Library General Public
Licence), which is basically GPL with the exception that programs may
be linked with the library without having to fall under the terms of
GPL. This means that commercial users may very well use MiNTLib to
link against.

Greetings,

Tomas - tomas[@.]nocrew.org