[MiNT] Re: *Several* Minix partitions?

Hi Frank Naumann, on 26 Sep 99 you said:

    [---SNIP---]
 >> Under BASH I typed:
 >>
 >> minit -V -n 2 -P K:
 >>
 >> minit -V -n 2 -P L:
 >>
 >> Minit reported no error except that it complained for the unnecessary
 >> options. After that, both partitions K: and L: became unreachable either
 >> under BASH or from Jinnee.

 FN> Can you post here what minit says? Can you try minit without any option
 FN> except the drivename?

Here is what minit says:

[---CUT---]================================================
Minix-compatible filesystem initializer v0.31

Copyright S N Henson 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994.
Copyright Frank Naumann 1998.

Found XHDI level 1.30.

Information about drive K:
--------------------------
XHDI major number    : 17
XHDI minor number    : 0
partition start      : 4
partition length     : 1044480 sectors
phyiscal sector size : 512 bytes
partition type       : TOS
partition ID         : RAW

Drive will be initialised with 522240 Blocks and 65535 Inodes.
Names can be 30 characters long (dir increment = 2).

WARNING: THIS WILL TOTALLY DESTROY ANY DATA ON K:
Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you want to do this? (y/n) y

Write superblock ... done.
Write inode bitmaps ... done.
Write zone bitmaps ... done.
Write inodes ... done.
Write root dir ... done.

Drive L: successful initialised.
Leave ok.
[---CUT---]================================================

That's the same for partition L: except for partition start.

Without parameter except the drive letter, that's right the same except the
dir increment which is set to 4 by default.

 FN> What does FSetter 0.7 say about the driver name?

He says: "Keine Laufwerksdaten verfuegbar?!" (No drive datas available?!)

Doesn't help much! So, now?  <g>  ...I'm going to bed!  ;-)

Remi Villatel
E-mail: maxilys@normandnet.fr