Re: [MiNT] directory for config files.

> > Since we want to limit the loading to "." and the directory mint.cnf is
> > found in (whichever of the two this is), this might be done using a command
> > in mint.cnf (provided mint.cnf is parsed before loading the XDDs). Frank?
>
> The mint.cnf is loaded after xdd/xfs initialization.

Then just load it twice.
I did that when I added a mint.cnf option for turning on/off memory
protection and it worked perfectly.
(I normally only keep a 'boot-loader' in c:/auto (with the rest of the
 auto-programs scattered across three or four partitions on two different
 drives) and I didn't want to rename that to MINTNP.PRG, which would
 otherwise have been necessary since MiNT itself wouldn't know where it
 was run from.)

The 'pre-load' can be rather simple since it only has to search for a
couple of well defined options, such as
 protected
 boot c:/mint
Anything else would just be skipped.

--
  Chalmers University   | Why are these |  e-mail:   rand@cd.chalmers.se
     of Technology      |  .signatures  |            johan@rand.thn.htu.se
                        | so hard to do |  WWW/ftp:  rand.thn.htu.se
   Gothenburg, Sweden   |     well?     |            (MGIFv5, QLem, BAD MOOD)