Re: [MiNT] ext2 as root filesystem

On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 11:54:07AM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> |> Actually, setting "cd U:\" in MINT.CNF fized it.  Unixmode was
> |> already set to the correct mode "/brUs._" since ages.  What is
> |> puzzling is, this used to work fine without that cd.
>
> Then IMHO it can only mean that the command does *not* see the correct
> UNIXMODE setting.

Uhm, after thinking about it again, I think this is maybe my fault.  In
the latest MiNTLib I have defined a global variable __libc_unix_names
which is set to non-zero if we have a recent MiNT version.  If it is
non-zero than the MiNTLib will in most cases skip the filename translation
via _unx2dos resp. _dos2unx.  As a consequence, the "r<drive>" in UNIXMODE
is ignored.  Have to fix that.

Ciao

Guido
--