Re: [MiNT] plip with Linux

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 10:26:12PM +0200, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Sep 1999 11:06:39 +0200, Guido Flohr wrote:
>
> > I actually wanted to try it out myself but after a look into the sources I
> > soon realized that it would probably take me a lot of time to do that, I
> > didn't understand a lot of it, neither on the MiNTNet nor on the Linux
> > kernel side.   Is there anybody out there who would manage to write that
> > driver for Linux?  If properly done this would also be a good thing for
>
> I had the same idea when I had my Falcon at campus two years ago. The MiNT-Net
> part was IIRC quite easy to understand, but I couldn't understand anything of
> the Linux PLIP-driver.

The Linux PLIP-driver is very easy to understand today.  I'm sure you
would write that thing in less than one hour. ;-)

Seriously, isn't there anybody who is smart enough to do that? It can't
be that hard and a monitor-less used 386 is cheaper than a network
card for the Atari.  OK, plip is not ethernet, but ...

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/