RE: [MiNT] CT2 Bus errors with mint

> Is your CT2 old? AFAIK the first batch could only handle 32Mb.

Ah yes, but this is a rev.B, capable of handling 128MB. :)

> > crash happen at the same address at each boot, whereas the processes
> > that cause the buserror are different). Looks like bad memory, except
> > when I change between tos 7 or tos 4, I get the same crashes but on
> > different addresses. (The memory is used completely differently in tos
>
> That's probably because TOS 7 will use the PMMU to remap the fastRAM. MiNT
> returns the logical address, the physical address might be the same as with
> TOS 4.

Aaahh.. well this looks more and more like a screwy Centram then.

> This is correct behaviour, MiNT's memoryprotection does not work with TOS 7
> yet. Just rename mint.prg to mintnp.prg to avoid the annoying message :-)

Umm.. but it already was called mintnp! :)

> Btw. Centek - in all their wisdom -

..ALL of it? :)

> put the blame for this entirely on MiNT,

Naturally. :) They also blame Cubase Audio and HDDriver for any problem
I have. Pretty strange for an accelerator that's supposed to be
compatible with MiNT, Cubase Audio and HDDriver... ;-)

> which they claim is a "pitty false multitasking os with no memory
> protection" (direct quote). Go figure.

Heheh yeah.. the CenturboII has no problems at all, it's just that all
software is so bad you can't use it. Well, they better live up to their
compatibility claims or I'll set the Dutch consumentenbond on them and
will be asking for my money back. (And I don't mean the mem protection,
but my buserror-problem which they also blame on MiNT). :)

> If anybody wants to adapt MiNT's MMU-routines to TOS 7, Ulf Ronald Andersson
> is probably the right person to ask for details. I believe he dissected TOS
> 7's MMU-routines when he tried to get Outside to work a few months ago.

Dissections can be nasty.. I expect tos 7 is no exception..;-)

Maurits.

---

iMac - Whinegums without the taste