RE: [MiNT] CT2 Bus errors with mint

Is your CT2 old? AFAIK the first batch could only handle 32Mb.

> crash happen at the same address at each boot, whereas the processes
> that cause the buserror are different). Looks like bad memory, except
> when I change between tos 7 or tos 4, I get the same crashes but on
> different addresses. (The memory is used completely differently in tos

That's probably because TOS 7 will use the PMMU to remap the fastRAM. MiNT
returns the logical address, the physical address might be the same as with
TOS 4.

> Oh yes, one more thing. When I run MiNT from tos 7 (with emulated fast
> ram), MiNT gives a warning that the PMMU "is already in use". Is this
> supposed to happen? I'm pretty ignorant on memory management stuff. :)

This is correct behaviour, MiNT's memoryprotection does not work with TOS 7
yet. Just rename mint.prg to mintnp.prg to avoid the annoying message :-)
Btw. Centek - in all their wisdom - put the blame for this entirely on MiNT,
which they claim is a "pitty false multitasking os with no memory
protection" (direct quote). Go figure.

If anybody wants to adapt MiNT's MMU-routines to TOS 7, Ulf Ronald Andersson
is probably the right person to ask for details. I believe he dissected TOS
7's MMU-routines when he tried to get Outside to work a few months ago.

Jo Even Skarstein