Re: [MiNT] SIGPWR

> > Is there really a need for SIGPWR?
> > One shouldn't forget that it's the last signal we could add
>
> I'm not absolutely sure.  As far as I understand it you have to install
> powerd, a daemon which communicates with the UPS.  If the power goes down
> (or up again) the powerd sends SIGPWR to init and init takes the
> appropriate measures.

I'm just an onlooker here, so maybe I missed some important fact... but to
me this seems kinda pointless. Why are you choosing to add a signal that is
never likely to be raised (do we have a powerd? how many people have UPS's
connected to their Ataris? how many of these UPS's support comms to the
computer?) when we have a tight limit on the available number of signals?

If the powerd sends the signal to init, what appropriate measures does it
take? send everything SIGTERM? So what does init do if you send it SIGTERM?
would this not have a similar effect?

To me, this seems like a waste of time, and on a platform with a limited
number of developers this seems a very strange thing to be worrying about.

Anthony
Anthony Jacques           AnthonyJ  | The boy stood on the burning deck
anthonyj@jacquesa.freeserve.co.uk   | Twit.
   http://ultra.quake2.co.uk/       |             Spike Milligan