Re: [MiNT] SIGPWR

On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 07:35:36PM +0100, Anthony Jacques wrote:
> never likely to be raised (do we have a powerd? how many people have UPS's
> connected to their Ataris? how many of these UPS's support comms to the
> computer?) when we have a tight limit on the available number of signals?

This might increase rapidly as soon as there are atari clones with ATX
designs, where the power is controlled by the CPU. SIGPWR (or some similar
measure) would be the right response to a user pressing the power switch
when MiNT is running (which would cause MiNT to shut down and turn off the
power supply).

Although I agree that this can probably be achieved without an extra signal.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen