Re: [MiNT] SIGPWR

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, Guido Flohr wrote:

> I'm not absolutely sure.  As far as I understand it you have to install
> powerd, a daemon which communicates with the UPS.  If the power goes down
> (or up again) the powerd sends SIGPWR to init and init takes the
> appropriate measures.

On my Linux box I don't use SIGPWR at all for handling a UPS. The UPS
program just uses the normal shutdown commands when it needs to schedule
or abort a shutdown. This approach seems to work fine. So I don't think
SIGPWR is really necessary in order to use a UPS.

That's not to say whether it should be added, just a comment which may or
may not be interesting.

| Mario Becroft           * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group      |
| mb@gem.win.co.nz        * Atari Hardware Developments:                |
| http://gem.win.co.nz/   * NEW: QWERTYX - PC AT Keyboard Interface     |