Re: [MiNT] Weird time prob

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 09:29:44PM +0200, Martin "Nightowl" Byttebier
wrote:
> What about Micq 0.4.3.? I remember me that I was using this when the
> problem for the first time occurred (see my other posting)

No idea.  In fact I don't even know what Micq is. ;-)

> As test I've make a new dir on a minix partition 'mkdir test'
> Guess what? The timestamps shows me a time two hours ahead.
> I also did the same but this time on a normal TOS partition.
> Timestamp two hours behind local time.

Hm, better update your fileutils.

> I use this:
>
> setenv MINT_CLOCKMODE UTC
> setenv TZ CET-1CETDST-2,M3.5.0,M10.5.0
> exec u:\usr\bin\tzinit

This is correct but old programs won't understand the complicated syntax
of the TZ envariable.  Now that you have the tz database installed you
should better not set TZ at all.

> I just installed mintlib-0.53-1.m68kmint.rpm on my system
>
> I got this:
>
> WARNING: Your local timezone has been set to "Factory" which is
> definitely not what you want.  Please edit the file
>
>         /etc/sparemint/timezone
>
> to set the timezone defaults for your system.  After you have edited
> it, don't forget to run the program "zic" with the correct arguments
> (see /etc/sparemint/timezone for defaults).
>
> I've set /etc/sparemint/timezone (Europe/Brussels) and ran 'zic'.

I hope it was

	zic -l Europe/Brussels -p Europe/Brussels

;-)

Just in case: The file /etc/sparemint/timezone is of course not read by
zic.  Only the installation file inside the mintlib rpm tries to read it.
If it finds something meaningful in there, it won't ask/warn you again
about your timezone but will take the timezone it finds there.

A future Sparemint based MiNT distribution should ask the user for the
timezone and then write the file.  For now you have to do it yourself.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/