Re: [MiNT] Weird time prob

on Wed 27-10-1999 20:54 Guido Flohr wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 09:29:44PM +0200, Martin "Nightowl" Byttebier
>wrote:
>> What about Micq 0.4.3.? I remember me that I was using this when the
>> problem for the first time occurred (see my other posting)
>
>No idea.  In fact I don't even know what Micq is. ;-)

I'm pretty sure now that Micq is not the culprit. I don't use Micq on my
TT030 which runs a plain MiNT '98 setup with freeMiNT 1.15.3b  and yet it
shows exact the same behaviour.

>> As test I've make a new dir on a minix partition 'mkdir test'
>> Guess what? The timestamps shows me a time two hours ahead.
>> I also did the same but this time on a normal TOS partition.
>> Timestamp two hours behind local time.
>
>Hm, better update your fileutils.

Euch, I'm using fileutils-4.0-3 (rpm)

>> I use this:
>>
>> setenv MINT_CLOCKMODE UTC
>> setenv TZ CET-1CETDST-2,M3.5.0,M10.5.0
>> exec u:\usr\bin\tzinit
>
>This is correct but old programs won't understand the complicated syntax
>of the TZ envariable.  Now that you have the tz database installed you
>should better not set TZ at all.

Sorry for my ignorance but what about the clockmode and tzinit? Must I
still use this?

CU
Martin
--
O-Tagger ß1.24: A belly button is for the champagne when you take a lover to bed.
              ***** Greetings from Okami Newsreader *****