Re: [MiNT] Weird time prob

on Mon 25-10-1999 17:39 Guido Flohr wrote:

>Your problematic programs are probably "init" and "getty", maybe "login"
>also.

What about Micq 0.4.3.? I remember me that I was using this when the
problem for the first time occurred (see my other posting)

As test I've make a new dir on a minix partition 'mkdir test'
Guess what? The timestamps shows me a time two hours ahead.
I also did the same but this time on a normal TOS partition.
Timestamp two hours behind local time.

>Unfortunately, esp. with init, getty and login this is not possible.
>Until there is a replacement for these programs, sigh, I have to recommend
>that you put a line
>
>setenv TZ=CEST-2

I use this:

setenv MINT_CLOCKMODE UTC
setenv TZ CET-1CETDST-2,M3.5.0,M10.5.0
exec u:\usr\bin\tzinit

>(other users should replace "CEST-2" with their valid setting) into your
>mint.cnf *after* you run tzinit (so that at least the kernel will always
>get the correct rules from your tz database). And, remember, tzinit should
>be started from mint.cnf, *not* from any startup scripts.

>And, btw, of course I know that you can also specify both your "normal"
>and summertime at once in $TZ.  But those programs that don't care about
>/usr/share/zoneinfo/localtime mostly won't understand that syntax (or even
>crash like the old smail).

Hmm, I don't have /usr/share/zoneinfo/localtime on my system yet. I'm
going to install it. I'm right back
I just installed mintlib-0.53-1.m68kmint.rpm on my system

I got this:

WARNING: Your local timezone has been set to "Factory" which is
definitely not what you want.  Please edit the file

        /etc/sparemint/timezone

to set the timezone defaults for your system.  After you have edited
it, don't forget to run the program "zic" with the correct arguments
(see /etc/sparemint/timezone for defaults).

I've set /etc/sparemint/timezone (Europe/Brussels) and ran 'zic'.

TTFN
Martin
--
O-Tagger ß1.24: When all else is lost, the future still remains.
              ***** Greetings from Okami Newsreader *****