[MiNT] Hades PCI, was: Best CAB.OVL for MiNT-Net? (fwd)

On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 04:39:57AM +0200, Odd Skancke wrote:

> most of the specs I have looked at says PCI rev 2.1 compliant. And knowing
> that the 2.0 rev was consulted for the Hades PCI, this could be a factor
> for any problems we have. The real fun starts, I guess, when I want to

Probably not - there is not much changed on the hardware side in 2.1 if you do not implement
hot plugging, and it should be completely compatible with 2.0.

> implement DMA playback/recording drivers for the PCI64. The docs says that
> only burst-mode DMA transfers are possible with this card. I don't know if
> this will work on the PCI specs rev 2.0 bus in the Hades. I wonder if it
> would be possible for Fredi to update the PCI-chips to be 2.1 compliant..

It would not make much difference. PCI 2.0 does support burst transfers, but
IIRC they are optional (same with 2.1), so it depends more on the
implementation in the Hades than on 2.0 vs 2.1.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen