Re: [MiNT] centralized MiNT archive

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Thomas Binder wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 08:37:27PM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> > I hope nobody will mind, I enclosed the file with this email...
>
> I do, especially because you have the possibility to put that
> stuff on a web server and just post the URL to it.

Actualy, this brings back the question of a centralized FTP
server for the MiNT archive.  The only reason why I mailed
it is because the question still hasn't been resolved:

Funet  - great speed for most, horribly slow for others.
Berlin - same problem, plus bandwidth and user restrictions.

The guys at Fishpool once proposed to host it; nothing came out
of it... Who will be brave enough to volunteer?

PS:  it might be a good idea that whoever volunteers, get people
     from various places on the globe to test your server speed,
     before it is selected as "the" official MiNT archive.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk