Re: [MiNT] New KERNEL 1.15 beta4

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, kellis wrote:

> (child) has finished the job by some wait()

Here, ZSH (and sometimes BASH - yes, the SpareMiNT one) forget
their environment settings, after a binary crashes.  Also, no
shell manages to find _any_ of its environment, when accessed
through a remote SSH connection from outside.

Then, ZSH reports a "wait" not found, upon loading each of its
startup files, similar to what kellis reported, but otherwise
boots fine.

> Was that behavior changed at all in the latest version? if yes, why?

1.15.3b did not cause any of the above problems.

> is it normal imagecopy4 can not load any lowercase filename files
> from minix partition? I have to manually rename the filename into
> UPPERCASE.

Imagecopy always had problems with drag&drop and long filenames.
isn't seen at all.  In any case, BoxKite loads everything fine.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk