RE: [MiNT] Was: /proc, will be: /sys

> > Which indicates that ps.ttp succeeded to open the process file,
> but got an
> > EFILNF an performing the Fcntl on the open file. This would
> happen if Pexec
> > has failed to store the filename... Does this really happen for all
> > processes?
>
> No, it only showed this once, at the end of root's stderr output.

That's ok because PID 0 doesn't have a (known) filename related to it...

> It actually succeeded in showing my own processes.

Ah!

> However, the PS found on your page doesn't.

OK, maybe it has a bug -- I'll have to check my notes and might release a
new distribution then...

>   USER PID PPID FILE
> q-funk 169  168 U:\bin\bash
> q-funk 182  169 U:\usr\bin\pine
> q-funk 184  183 U:\bin\bash
> q-funk 202  184 U:\h\q-funk\.\PS.TTP
>
>   USER PID PPID FILE
>   root   0   -1 -
>   root   1    0 U:\sbin\init
>   root   2    0 C:\MINT\sld
>   root   3    0 C:\update
>   root   6    0 U:\bin\sh
>   root  30    0 U:\usr\sbin\vconsd
>   root  37    0 U:\sbin\syslog
>   root  42    0 U:\usr\sbin\cron
>   root  52    0 U:\usr\sbin\sshd
>   root  54    0 U:\usr\sbin\inetd
>   root  56    0 U:\usr\sbin\portmap
>   root  60    0 U:\usr\sbin\rpc.mountd
> q-funk  62    0 U:\usr\sbin\rpc.nfsd
>   root  63    1 U:\c\n_aes\n_aes.sys
>   root  64    1 U:\sbin\getty
>   root  65    1 U:\sbin\getty
>   root  66    1 U:\sbin\getty
>   root  67    1 U:\sbin\getty
>   root  68   63 U:\c\n_aes\n_aes.sys
>   root  69    1 U:\sbin\getty
>   root  70   63 U:\c\n_aes\n_aes.sys
>   root  71    1 U:\usr\bin\tail
>   root  74   63 U:\c\n_aes\n_aes.sys
>   root  75    1 U:\usr\bin\tail
>   root  78   63 U:\opt\cdplayer\cdplayer.app
>   root  79    1 U:\sbin\getty
>   root  82   63 C:\thing\thing.app
>   root  90   63 C:\thing\taskbar\TASKBAR.PRG
>   root 168   54 U:\usr\sbin\telnetd
>   root 183   54 U:\usr\sbin\telnetd
>   root 206  184 U:\h\q-funk\./PS_TTP
>
> Btw, the above shows the full path, not just the filename.
> Is there any option to show just the filename?

Currently -- no. I'm still interested in comments how a ps utility should
handle the different cases -- for instance would it make sense to use the
process's argv[0] as process name in case it is available from the
environment?