Re: [MiNT] UUCP problem

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, Michael Schwingen wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 14, 1999 at 11:22:43AM +1300, Mario Becroft wrote:
> >
> > The other programs when they crash, always do so at the same or similar
> > address, in this case 12519C2 or 12519C6 by causing an illegal instruction
> > exception. This is independent of which program crashed or where it was
> > loaded (in this case sed, rm, bash and less all crashed about 1 minute
> > apart).
>
> Does this happen with or without memory protection?

Without memory protection. I am trying to test it with memory protection
but I am having so many other problems that this is difficult. The main
problem is that my TT seems to freeze after a day or two when memory
protection is enabled (I mentioned this on this mailing list some months
ago but nobody seemed to have any good ideas).

It is also slow although I can put up with that.

With memory protection enabled I did find that uuxqt crashed once with
memory violation accessing address 9. A few hours later the freeze
occured...

Am I the only one who has all these problems with memory protection? I
would like to use memory protection if it worked better.

| Mario Becroft           * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group      |
| mb@gem.win.co.nz        * Atari Hardware Developments:                |
| http://gem.win.co.nz/   * NEW: QWERTYX - PC AT Keyboard Interface     |