RE: [MiNT] New kernel features

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Maurits van de Kamp wrote:

> Since this often concerns very exceptional problems,

No, it doesn't.  An RPM that is supposed to work, but produces
Segmentation Fault is not an unusual exception.

> it would be wise for those particular betatesters to look at
> the rest of their own setup first.

What about those that run the exact same applications?

Or, using the same GCC/bin-utils, downloaded from the
same page as the others, cannot get stable binaries after
typing "make" as detailed in the package's INSTALL?

Surely that cannot be the fault of the tester?

> And if they do find a bug, they could also write a normal
> bugreport

I usually write "package <name> dies with the following symptoms"
and get "Everything works fine here.  You're dreaming.  Go home."

Draw your own conclusions.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk