Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Michael Schwingen wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 04:59:15PM +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> >
> > Read yourself.  The "market" you refer to is still Intel-based.
> > Look around yourself.  Red Hat is an Intel OS.
>
> Do you actually know what you are talking about?
>
> RedHat has been supporting Alpha and Sparc for quite some time now

Read my other posts in this thread.  Most of the Windows players
joining the Linux bandwagon are thinking "Red Hat = i386" which
is where the field is at.

That doesn't mean other CPUs are nto supported.  Heck, even m68k
is supported by red Hat partially.  Ultimately, though, Red Hat
is aiming square at the Intel market, trying to capture NT users.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS